Patton's facial expressions say it all!! This kid is destined to wear his feelings all over his face. Any of you who have been around him for more than 20 min., know all too well what's to come when all of a sudden you hear the loud moaning and grunting, while turning a frightening shade of maroon, followed by a wide grin and the oh-so fragrant aromatics seeping from Patton's bottom. Subtlety is obviously NOT one of his strong suits.
Yesterday, he revealed yet another telling expression as he discovered the excitement of rolling over!! After about 20 minutes of some good ol' fashioned "tummy time", Patton began flinging his head back and to the side. I quickly realized he was trying to figure out how to get on his back again. --This seems to be his msot favorite position due to the Buddah-belly that seems to be ever-expanding--I immediately grabbed the camera, and as soon as I hit "Record", he rolled right over. All of this was very fun and exciting for me, of course, because my child was officially able to do a trick (as if he's some sort of whiz kid, circus act). While relishing in my pride, I soon noticed Patton's reaction to this new and exciting event. It was a if he had just climbed Mt. Everest but was scared to death at the same time! At first, I thought he might cry, then in an instant he revealed the widest grin accompanied by jubilant shouts and coos of wonder and revelry. It was as if he wanted to shout, "Look at me mommy!! I can do tricks!!"
Watching your child grow, develop, explore, change, and learn new things has got to be one of the most incredible things I've ever witnessed. The overwhelming sense of pride makes my heart burst.


No comments:
Post a Comment