My Sweet Baby P

bath time with baby, April 20, 2012 saturday mornings with mommy, April 21, 2012

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Forgive me, I'm new at this!!

So, ya'll will totally have to forgive me because I'm just starting to navigate this whole "blog thing". Clearly, I'm completely out of the loop and I am quickly realizing I am computer-illiterate!! So just bear with me, as I attempt to conquer this crazy thing they call "web logging". Since having Patton, I have begun to realize that my unconditional love and pride is so unbelievable and absolutely amazing that I simply want to shout it from the rooftops! Having a child will change you in so many ways; it is the greatest accomplishment I know that I will ever conquer. To look at his face and see such purity in his eyes, continuously reminds me of God's presence and amazing grace. I constantly find myself staring at him and saying OUT LOUD, "thank you so much Lord, thank you so much." Nothing could have prepared me for the overwhelming feelings of love, pride, protection, and pure joy that one creature could give me. I am forever grateful for the many blessings God has given me.

Two years ago JP and I met and immediately became best friends. For months we remained just that, best friends who spent all our time together, hunting, fishing, getting together for football games, and even giving each other advice if one or the other of us was dating someone. Then one day we realized that things had changed. We were without a doubt completely and totally in love with each other. I had officially met my match, my best friend who I couldn’t imagine my life without. We totally balance each other out; where one of us is weak, the other is strong. In April 2011, our lives changed forever when we learned we were expecting an absolute miracle of a child in November. On November 28, 2011, JP and I welcomed our beautiful baby boy, John "Patton" Folsom into this world. Of course, staying true to his roots, Patton made an entrance that will never be forgotten. He truly is our not-so-little (weighing in at a SOLID 8lbs. 15oz.), miracle. Those of you who know JP and I, know our poor child is destined for a life full of michief and dramatic, center-of-attention antics.  We are so very proud of the unwavering love we have for one another and the overwhelming love we have for our son, so we have decided to share our love, laughter, and sometimes crazy life with our closest friends and family who don't get to see us as often as we would all like!!  JP and I are so amazingly blessed with an unbelievable group of family and friends. We try to live our lives and raise our child as Christ would want us to. We continue to learn and grow every day, allowing God to mold us into the adults/parents He desires us all to be. We are absolutely elated to be spending the rest of our lives together, growing in Christ, and proudly raising our child. We have already begun our journey together by starting our family of 3; just two best friends who happen to be crazy in love. We want to express our endless appreciation and enormous gratitude to all those who have loved and supported us unconditionally.

All of our love,

Jenn, JP, & Patton

No comments:

Post a Comment