
As I have recently been contemplating this never-ending energy he has, it all begins making sense to me...As soon as I could begin feeling him move during my pregnancy, I was convinced I was harvesting a Mexican Jumping Bean in my belly. He did back-flips early in the morning, sommersaults after lunch, chin-up's from my rib cage right before bedtime, and often woke me several times during the night as he was clearly bicycling his way to first place in the "Tour De Tummy." Of course, I just assumed this was normal in utero activity, but now I realize it was only a glimpse into the future of my extremely active 4 1/2 month old.
Patton has an unbelievable, unwavering amount of energy. As long as he's awake, his legs and feet are going 90 to nothin'! He kicks and squirms and rides that invisible Huffy 10-speed like it's his job. I can only imagine where he is trying to go because his face is always very serious, concentrating on his precise kicks and jabs. He even huffs and puffs in a rythmic breathing pattern--a technique used by only the best athletes and Ninjas...Which leads me to another insight: Could my child be already practicing to be some sort of Super Samurai Ninja? Do I have a baby Chuck Norris in the making?? This seemed perfectly plausible until, recently, when I was lucky enough to witness his TRUE talents come to light. All of his Ninja-like moves on his playmat, in his punkin' seat/chair, and in his carseat were mere practice drills and warm-ups for his grand performance and debut as a WATER AEROBICS GURU!!! Yes, that's right, my child is the next Michael Phelps....or maybe the next Richard Simmons of the Bathtub **Splashin' to the 80's??** The water's splashin', his legs and feet are making tidal waves in the mini-tub, and he is so proud of himself to finally show off his mad water-skills because he keeps looking at me periodically to make sure I'm still watching and taking in all his water-iffic techniques. Of course, in between my giggles --and gasps (as he almost ejects himself from his baby tub), I am secretly admiring my precious butterball turkey in all his naked glory and thanking the Lord relentlessly for such an amazingly active, hilarious, and TALENTED little boy I am blessed with.


No comments:
Post a Comment